Create Strings using Template Literals_2

Tell us what’s happening:
I don’t know what this challenge wants. I followed the example, but the error states I’m not using template strings. I don’t know what else I could add to get the object values.

Your code so far

const result = {
  success: ["max-length", "no-amd", "prefer-arrow-functions"],
  failure: ["no-var", "var-on-top", "linebreak"],
  skipped: ["id-blacklist", "no-dup-keys"]
};
function makeList(arr) {
  "use strict";

// change code below this line
  const resultDisplayArray = [`<li class="text-warning">${result.failure[0]}</li>`,`<li class="text-warning">${result.failure[1]}</li>`,`<li class="text-warning">${result.failure[2]}</li>`];
  // change code above this line

return resultDisplayArray;
}
/**
 * makeList(result.failure) should return:
 * [ `<li class="text-warning">no-var</li>`,
 *   `<li class="text-warning">var-on-top</li>`, 
 *   `<li class="text-warning">linebreak</li>` ]
 **/
const resultDisplayArray = makeList(result.failure);

ERROR

// running tests
Template strings were used
// tests completed

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/create-strings-using-template-literals

Thanks again. I used arr[0], arr[1], etc. I neglected to consider the function parameter and what was actually being passed.

I’m still confused about this. Since the map function works on each element in succession I thought this would work since I’m working on an array of strings. I’m not sure about the ${e}, but I couldn’t think of anything else although I did try arr{i] since the map function has the index as a parameter, but that didn’t work. In all cases I created an array of undefined values. I tried using the following code:

const resultDisplayArray = arr.map(function(e) {`<li class="text-warning">${e}</li>`});

I received the following error, but the other two requirements were met.

// running tests
resultDisplayArray is the desired output.
// tests completed

OUTPUT

[ undefined, undefined, undefined ]

The requirements that were met were:

1. resultDisplayArray is an array containing result failure messages.
  2. Template strings were used

Your function does not have a return statement, so JavaScript returns the value undefined during each iteration.

I put a return statement in and it worked, but I didn’t think the map function needed a return statement. I thought whatever was put inside the braces was automatically returned. Obviously I was wrong. Thanks.

Thanks, thanks, thanks.