Creating a Website

you can also design web layouts with Inkscape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ98jbR5hGQ

Huh James, why the hell would you ever recommend Microsoft or any other WYSIWYG-ers to the guys who are starting to CODE, for any god forbid purpose involving web-development as a whole?
Whats the good side of it?

I assume they can use Paint to make a wireframe if ever needed, kind of old fashion, I forgot where my components will go on a page so I need to do a sketch of a visual look and feel for a web-page? How long you will take to produce 10 different type of templating variants for example: Archives page, Category page, Front-page, Search result page or any other templating dependant aspect of my web-site? I guess art stuff will take like 10hrs and maybe Iā€™m not talented or interested in doing arts and ā€œdrawā€ my website or page or even think about that stuff because I made it to look similar to my CRC Card-like just not for clases but for design, positioning, colour, whatever parameter you need appliable by you, or just think of your own way of doing it because in any serious company, designer or frontend guys mess with this waste of your time for you, you are developing it, you know exactly where is what from all 10 objects and if you canā€™t remember where which of the 10 goes on the page, change your profession asap, this path loves your memory and basic concept of remember basic amount of objects positioned where I need them to be on the page, or just sketch it in 20secs with piece of paper and a pen in a hand, perspective is much better when you hold it in your hand and not every line is perfectly straight :slight_smile: If you understand what I mean, just has itā€™s own magic when you make a plain paper and throw it over your monitors to a collaegue across you, instead of sending him an image file :slight_smile:
Come on guys, you are more creative than this, please use imagination and creativity with just a drop of your common knowledgeā€¦

I swear I will create a project to fight against WYSIWYG Editors in any case scenario, starting next week - any creative writters, bloggers with critical thinking towards above mentioned are welcomed and soon-to-be my best friends :slight_smile:

Little history class about what You See Is What You Get editor ā€œDreamweaverā€ pioneer of it.

WYSIWYG = Long ago when Macromedia owned the whole package with Flash Dreamweaver Fireworks and the rest of the useless software ever made, tried DW, uninstalled it after 5mins and 1st Saved HTML file, then asked my professor why is this adding some random code and standards on top of my html doc. he said, just uninstall it because you will never be sure if you made a mistake or its generated by Dreamweaver on Save HTML document action usually. And letā€™s be honest DW in that time was one and only also 1st WYSIWYG editor out there and it worked how it worked but I guess nowadays you see where is Macromedia and their ideas and concepts of "lets have a pack of 3-4-5 software for web-dev with WYSIWYG, Flash for animation, because it will be a standard one day and weā€™ll earn zilllions on Flash(remember that guy or you are born when HTML5 video was up and running?) Fireworks to optimize images and graphics for HTML pages mostly and some other useless crapWare along with it. I guess you remember what happend to Macromedia instantly? Youngsters out there - Adobe bought the whole story for few bucks, Flash never became internet video standard, action Script, which was mostly like JavaScript featuring coffee and some other guy involved but also not even close, just a pale shadow that looks alike, and yes - the winning Fireworks that was supposed to ruin Photoshopā€¦ guys just bought them and reworked every stuff ever made, still itā€™s crap or itā€™s closed projectā€¦ Conclusion is that nobody even remembers what Macromedia is, what they invented, their thrivings and goals to destroy Photoshop, own the web with Flash animation and movies(remember youtube from few years ago?) HTML5 came, lights went off for those guys, end of story because when Dreamweaver as pioneer-1st-ever-perfect-WYSIWYG is a big minus to Adobe, lets say all the other copies and DW wannabes are just lame of mentioning

Wireframing is a big business model for a lot of companies. You have to remember, there are developers who have limited resources like money. Yes, they can spend $20 (US Dollars) or more per month for a subscription that makes it easy to create wireframes. However, I try to provide options that are free. I use a lot of free open source software. Granted, I mostly live and develop in a Microsoft world. I try to provide resources that is not dependent on money or computer environment.

Also, remember Wireframing is not Development, itā€™s only pretty pictures for clients to visualize their ideas.

1 Like

Having a background in Web Design, then onwards within Graphic Design. I see as Iā€™m really coding again, with JavaScript, and HTML/CSS in the whole mix. I was just on Hondaā€™s interactive website and Iā€™m seeing under the hood sort of speak with how they built the site, without going through the inspector or any developer tool. And as I gone through with a few screenshots of the site, Iā€™m looking to sketch out the whole and take bits and pieces and use my imagination to build a different, but similar, site. All based on what I know now and will add on to what Iā€™m learning, and teaching (at least in replying here and there) with my journey within FCC and WWW (and maybe beyond).