CSS Help with Product Landing Page Project

Hi. I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this, but I’m thinking of starting the Product Landing Page project, which actually seems to require more CSS than the other ones I’ve done, and I’m not sure how to do it without being able to see how it looks. One of the user stories requires CSS flexbox, and I think setting that up kind of requires sight. If I do all the HTML and then post it, would anyone mind working with me and telling me what CSS rules should go where? I can probably write all of it if you tell me what properties to use.

What you’re asking is for someone to do the work for you.

Don’t let it stop you from achieving your goal.

If anything, step back, analyze what you have to do and come up with a sketch(you can use Adobe XD for faster prototyping).

That’s not what I’m asking at all. I can do all the HTML and know how to write the CSS, but I’m completely blind, so I don’t know where to use it or what properties to use. The only reason I got through the CSS and applied visual design challenges is that they told me exactly what to put where. Creating a sketch won’t help if I can’t see, and I doubt Adobe XD is accessible with screen readers.

@Living4God1991, you should go ahead and start it and link your CodeSandbox once you are stuck on a user story that is not passing or anything else preventing you from moving forward, that way people can help you on something more specific

You miss understood me.

It’s not about me saying that you don’t have the level of competence.

But you’re a developer. You should come up with your own solutions. Yes, there are good practices but in the end, every project is different.

It’s not about how to do it, but using the tools you have available to achieve your goal.

Best wishes!

1 Like

I think I get what you’re saying, and if I was designing my own website, I would probably either not use much CSS, or I would find someone to help me with that part, but these projects require a certain amount of CSS to pass them, so as far as I can tell, my only option is to ask for help. I’m trying to find other blind developers and see how they handle CSS, but until I find them, I really don’t know what else to do.

Hi @Living4God1991,
I’m assuming you are using a text reading tool. I know of some sight impaired programmers that use the Emac text editor with the EmacSpeak extension. Try opening dev tools on the FCC Product Landing Page codepen sample to get an idea of how the HTML and CSS are structured. You will have to rely on math to build your page layouts. There is a computed tab right next to the styles tab in dev tools that will be really helpful for you to learn more about the structure of pages and styling of elements. You may also want to consider learning bootstrap since it may be an easier way for you to systematize your process.

1 Like

Handle it yourself.

Do what works for you.

The only thing what you want to copy from other developers are good practices and habits.

It comes up to you when it comes to programming.

In other words, do as you please.

The perfect something can ever be is done.