Data Entry / Learning Web Development--- What else could I ask for?

Let me get this started with a little about me:

-1 month exp html
-1 month exp js

I came across a job opportunity with horrible pay but a great opportunity. Im putting together a website as my job resume. I do have previous codepens but I don’t believe I will use them seeing as I don’t qualify it as the best of my work.

I want to make a simple 3 column website consisting of an “about me”, “work exp.”, & “contact info”

I want to use a basic css style that is simply more of a cover page with the 3 sections of information.

I’m going to stay clear of js besides maybe an option to email me if interested.

Should I go about this using columns or flex box? The idea is to have a fixed right navbar like pictured here https://materializecss.com/navbar.html.

To start off the about me I’m going to include a face picture with a little background including my city, age and goals.

Here is gonna be my bs job experience of everything I’ve hated except a little auto body work.

Then, I’m going to include an email logo and a phone number with the ability to call me directly from the device you are using(Am i going to far with this?).

I will also have a sticky footer with QMP © 2019

It would be better if you experiment it first by building the project. As you code along, you will see what you like and don’t. Then you can share your project on the forum for a feedback.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I would go for flexbox because you want three different things in those columns. And columns is used for one text.

Grid is also an option.

But if you are a real beginner, then keep it simple. Making mistakes because you want to show off is worse than being honest about your limited skills. Don’t disappoint them, but ask for a change to learn and grow.

As for the phone number: make sure you put this code in the header:

<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">

With that you make sure it only shows on a phone and not on a laptop.

Good luck with the job hunting!

1 Like

Then, I’m going to include an email logo and a phone number with the ability to call me directly from the device you are using(Am i going to far with this?).

It shows that you know how to do this. :grinning: