***Delete This Post***

***Delete This Post***

Delete this post…

what specifically do you not understand about the instructions?

i don’t understand any of it. i don’t even know where to start, or what it’s asking me to do.

You should already understand how to use higher order functions, so you could solve this problem using either reduce or filter plus map. No matter which higher order functions you write, you must use arrow function syntax instead of normal function syntax. If you do not remember how to use reduce, map, or filter, then definitely go back and review those functions.

The challenge instructions are asking you to take an array of numbers (intergers and decimal) and return a new array containing only the squared values of integers. So they pass in the array [4, 5.6, -9.8, 3.14, 42, 6, 8.34]. The only integers are 4, 42, and 6. So you would square each of these numbers and return the squared numbers in an array which would look like [ 16, 1764, 36 ]. Your code needs to figure out how to recognize the difference between an integer and a decimal number and then how to calculate the square of that number.