Did everyone make their tribute page and portfolio by only completing the HTML/CSS challenges?

I’m asking since I see a lot of professional-looking projects and I was wondering if you need JavaScript to make them.

I used only HTML/CSS. You can use JavaScript if you’d like! CSS is actually very powerful and you can do a lot without javascript. Take a look at the pen i posted below , it’s all CSS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so cute hah! Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just do your best. My initial attempt at a portfolio was pretty lackluster

Thank you. It’s just that when I see some of the users webpages’, I remember mine looks like a potato.
Yours is pretty nice.

You can build really great portfolios without touching js from what I’ve seen. Even animations can be accomplished using CSS.

1 Like

I am just getting started on this, but my plan (and what I’ve started doing) is that as I learn new things, if I feel that they could help spruce up one of my old pens, I go back and edit it with the new code.

1 Like

What @michaelhenderson showed actually uses a framework called sass, and while it is css, it is a lot more powerful, and you won’t know how to use it just doing the FCC program.

You don’t NEED javascript for the portfolio, but it would make it nicer and more functional. If you want you can make it with just css now. Later after you learn javascript, and you can turn that potato into steak!

1 Like

Your comment made me smile hah. Thank you for your help.