Discord for Newbies -- LETS DO THIS!

I’m 31 years old and my background is in Mechanical Design. I love my job but its not paying what I want and without the engineering degree I don’t see my salary reaching what I want it to be in the future.

I’ve decided to learn coding and either combine my mechanical experience with coding or just go 100% coding. There’s too much to learn still to know what my plans are.

I am literally just starting out with coding. I’ve done a few HTML things here and there but I’m literally learning from the very first lessons and I have a long road ahead of me.

I started a discord channel for anyone who is new and just starting out, or any old heads that would like to stop by and help some of us out. This Discord is for asking questions if you’re stuck on a lesson/project, or just want to stay motivated with other new coders.

If you’re interested, shoot me a message! I’m looking to keep the Discord less than 50 people because I want it to be a group that people can rely on and not feel lost in the shuffle.

6 Likes

If you are interested, there are already few groups in FCC that are for collaboration.

3 Likes

I haven’t really found any groups for people that are JUST starting out. Everyone that says they are I enter and people are talking about pretty advanced stuff.

2 Likes

I thought I was the only at lost not until j found this group

2 Likes

Hi Khris, I’m Asteria! I’m an art student with a major in Illustration who’s just started taking Html5 lessons here a couple days ago. I’m here because I was interested in web design. I think I’m one of the newest newbies here! If you’re going to create a study group for newbies I’d love to join. (I had to reply instead of sending you a DM because I’m still trying to figure out how to send people messages. Sorry)

1 Like

Am i too late for this?

Check this other thread

Hi Im Balazs, 32 years old and working as a chef. I have just started to learning coding and finished the Basic HTML and HTML5 lessons so im really new too :smiley: I would like to join this group too if i`m not too late :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, Khris. I’m a 30-something looking for a fresh career start. Hardcore newb here. I’d love to join your group.

2 Likes

Hi Guys…im an accountant looking to branch out of my current employment…Actually came here to look for guys that just started…i hope i can get some coding gym buddies…i think it helps to surround yourself with people that can encourage you when u get demotivated.

Hi, Everyone…I’m new to coding (essentially). I’m looking to get off SSDI and return to work. A new start in mid-life as well. I’m down to discord.

Hi Asteria! I just started all over as well and it felt like there were no newbies on FCC until I found this group:smiley:

I’d love to join as well:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Khash, hoping its not too late for one more, I’d like to join.

Check the thread I linked above, there is a list of servers that are active

Seen the thread, thank you.