Do I need to complete each module in order?

I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered, though I’ve noticed that the basic front end development project module example for the portfolio is more complicated than the learning provided. Containing unfamiliar HTML and including the use of Java Script. I understand that we can “reverse engineer” the code, and I can possibly take notes, but I just want to be sure I’m on the right path so far. Would it be possible to skip the project and continue to learn JS on the next module? Also, should I supplement the modules with external material, like using other learning sources to teach myself HTML and CSS?

Thank you all in advance!

From the FAQ

Should I complete all of the coding challenges in order?

We’ve put a lot of thought into how we introduce concepts. But you’re free to jump around.

To address the real issue though, the projects will always require knowledge that is not covered directly in FCC. The idea isn’t to look at an example project and reverse engineer it, but to start learning how to research on your own.

Understood, I was suspecting so and will do exactly that. I just wanted to be double sure before I went ahead with anything else. I highly appreciate the quick response! Also, thank you for clarifying the project since I was slightly confused on the criteria.

Thanks again.

1 Like