Do I really need 3 consoles (git, git shell, cmd)?

Try one of those: 7 Best Tabbed Command Line Tools for Windows 10
I used Console2 a while ago and found it quite handy.

2 Likes

Notice the two tabs at the bottom? You can have as many as you want.

I use Powershell to use git, command line work and push and pull to Github.

You just need to add git’s .\bin folder to the PATH to make it work. Or am I missing something here? It’s possible to do all the work in one terminal. Of course once you start a process like gulp or mongoDB you need to open another terminal, but then I just push those windows to another virtual desktop and my work-space is clutter-free.

Windows has a ton of issues, but it’s not that awful really. Windows 10, especially, seems to be moving in the right direction apart from the forced updates and privacy issues.

You just don’t know how to use windows p1xt!

2 Likes

Windows was a disaster that I’m happy to say I’ve abandoned! I really miss XP though lol

Sorry, couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

1 Like

I happily abandoned Win10 for Ubuntu.

I just read the other day that npm scripts that include && don’t work in windows…is that true? I can’t confirm it but would like to know for future projects if I’m sharing work with people on Windows.

Also, anyone tried this out yet:

2 Likes

You’re joking with him, but I openly tell people that I don’t know Windows. I don’t know WTF the registry is and I don’t really understand the file system. I can’t do jack from cmd.exe other than flush the dns. I’m totally incompetent in powershell.

When people ask me to “fix” their computers, I usually just randomly click on things and google errors until I get it to work again.

2 Likes

That’s what I do when I have to fix my mum’s issues (Ubuntu) ! :blush:

1 Like

Mac OSX or bust, boyos