Right now I am planning on what I am gonna learn within this year.
So, first there is gonna be a brief background and then I am gonna layout my plan.
Then I will ask some questions regarding my plan.
I have been learning through freecodecamp on and off for 1 and half years.
Already finished all of the responsive design projects.
Then I started to learn JS through YDKJS. Read through 1st 4 books of it… Had a basic understanding about functions, data types, primitives VS objects. Still a bit confused about the usage of “this”.
When it comes to freecodecamp JS algorithms and data structures here is my progress.
2. ES6 7 quests remain, will come back to it later
3. Regular Expression 50%
Basic Data Structure Done
Basic algorithms Done
7. Object Oriented Programming 0%
8. Functional Programming 0%
9. Intermediate Algo Scripting 0%
So here is what am planning to do:
- finish this course: https://www.udemy.com/js-algorithms-and-data-structures-masterclass/learn/v4/content
in this course, I am going to dig in a bit deeper when it comes to data structures and algorithms, and big O.
- build one CRUD app using js (preferably with authentication) here comes the question
- learn how to use JS to manipulate the DOM by following this article: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorial_series/understanding-the-dom-document-object-model
- if I still have time, React
meanwhile I have two mini side projects going on, I won’t focus these that much, just to use it to add in some diversity to what I study everyday, cos I dont want to bury myself into algorithms all the time
- finish the 4th iteration of my portfolio (I can probably finish this within a week, already 75% done, did not revamp everything, but changed some of the code cos it does not make sense)
- build a blog using jekyll
(already set it up using the default theme, hosted it on github pages, currently trying to link my custom domain to it)
Okay, here are my questions:
- does my roadmap make sense? did I make the mistake of “jumping off to thing X” too soon?
- if I want to build a CRUD app, I need to know how to use node.js right?
- related to question 2, if I do need to learn node etc, maybe I should finish freecodecamp “managing packages with NPM” & “basic Node and Express” part?
- I know that there are multiple ways to build full stack app using JS, I can use vanilla JS, I can use frameworks like react/vue etc. I want to learn the basic, how to build it using vanilla JS 1st, before I touch any frameworks. Does this make sense?
If you have any questions, you can ask me, and any suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you, you guys are awesome.