Editing content of webpage

Here is my user story

• Website will have admin login

• Using admin login
    user will have access to edit parts of webpage and upload file contents to the website

How should I go about in implementing these user stories. Like is there npm that I can use for authentication. How will be admin able to edit the webpage and upload those contents? what should I learn for implementing this user story?

Thanks for your replay in advance. Good Day :slight_smile:

I am no expert on this, but I am working on the last certificate here where do a lot of “authenticated user” types stuff. The passport and passport-local middleware should take care of your login issues, fairly easily. I’m working on the assumption that you’re doing node.

Uploading files should be pretty straight forward. Editing files gets a little weird. There are some editing things on NPMJS that I see. But I would probably want them to edit the files locally, using their own editor, then upload the files when done.

Again, this is beyond my expertise, but since no one else has answered yet, I thought I’d give it a shot.

That is what I would recommend learning. But of course there is a lot of supporting techs you’ll have to learn like express and sessions, mongo/mongoose.

Have you done backend yet? The backend cert on FCC will actually get you going on a lot of the basics needed.

Thanks for taking your time to replay. I’ll have a look at these.

No I’m currently at Front-End Intermediate Algorithms

I’m thinking of starting back-end simultaneously. Now will be good time :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that the backend section assumes a strong understanding of JavaScript.

Thanks That’s actually the exact same thing I’m looking forward to implement. :sunglasses:

So while displaying it will fetched back and displayed to other users as well ?

Until now I have learnt only js.

I heard that there are lot of node frameworks/npm modules which will simplify the process of doing so?