Error when logging in with Facebook

Error when logging in with Facebook

Hi! It’s my first time posting on this forum, so I’m sorry if this doesn’t belong here.

Anyway, I used to be able to log in with my Facebook account, but now I get an error: App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don’t have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

Has anyone encountered this error as well? How do I fix it? I really don’t want to lose all my progress on FCC.

Looking in to this and will see if i can get you some help

Hi, which site are you trying to access? The only site I know of that uses facebook to login is codepen.io.

I get this error when I try to log in on FreeCodeCamp.

The best thing to do is send an email to [email protected] with your freecodecamp username and the error message that you are getting and someone will reply to assist you in helping you login.

I think I may have fixed this. Please try logging into freecodecamp.org using Facebook again and let me know whether it now works.

I no longer get that facebook error, but now I get an error on FCC saying that “Accounts can only be created using GitHub or though email”, even though I am trying to sign in, not to create an account.

OK - great! It’s fixed then. It sounds like you don’t have an account associated with your Facebook username. Can you email me at [email protected] with your email address, freeCodeCamp username, and any other information you can include? I will try to track down your account.

I’ve sent you and email just now. Thanks a lot!