Errors "Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage" #4 & #7

Tell us what’s happening:
I’ve gone through some other posts here but for the life of me just cannot figure this out, and my frustration level is off the charts! I am getting the following errors:

4. The projects section should contain at least one element with a class of “project-tile” to hold a project.

AND

7. The navbar should contain at least one link that I can click on to navigate to different sections of the page.

I just can’t understand what I am missing here. #7 has really thrown me for a loop as it doesn’t appear to be anything the matter with my code that I can see. Please help!

Your code so far
Here is my codepen:

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

So I looked around a lot, because for the life of me I could not figure out why the test was not passing.

The solution that I found that ended up working involves adding more content to the page. The test checks how much scrolling is done when the links are clicked, so if it doesn’t scroll enough, the test won’t pass (this is a problem with the test, in my opinion, your code worked just fine).

I got it to pass by adding about 10 <p>lorem ipsem dolum blah blah blah</p> to each section. That broke the test The navbar should always be at the top of the page, but that should be easy enough for you to google/fix.

If you’re still having problems let me know.

1 Like

Thanks Lucas, I added breaks and that completely fixed the problem.