ES6 section feedback and bug reports

I agree with the original poster! I went through most of the Responsive Web Design course and felt that I understood everything clearly. I became a little frustrated with the projects, but the lessons were very good. I feel the same for the Basic JavaScript lessons, they are easy to understand and clear.

Once I got to the ES6 section it felt like I was reading another language. It’s very frustrating, & I don’t really understand a lot of the material. I only managed to finish 15 of the lessons & I had to search the forums for answers because I simply didn’t get it.

I’ve skipped ahead to Regular Expressions and things seem to make sense again. Since it seems so advanced, I’m wondering if the ES6 section should be at the end of the curriculum? Or possibly rewritten into really really basic terms, so it’s a bit easier to follow.

Hello, old topic but seems to fit.

I’ve managed to do the first half of the ES6 module, but as I feel more confused as I’m going through it, my question for the more advanced campers is: is it ok to skip this module and save it maybe for the end of the JavaScript Algorithms section? Would I understand more?
I know it’s ok to struggling to understand something new, but even if I pass the challenges, I don’t see how they fit in the “bigger picture”, though maybe it’s too early for that.

I would suggest you do all the ES6 challenges up to the class syntax challenge, everything after it isn’t as important for the curriculum challenges.

Most of what is shown in the ES6 part can be very handy to know about when doing later challenges. I’d suggest seeking out more articles and tutorials on the different subjects and concepts as you encounter them to learn more or better understand them.

Good to know, thank you.

Yes, I’ve found some already.
I’ll probably try to go through the end of the section, and see if I can make a sense out of it.