Eugene Local Resources

Eugene Local Resources

Hey! I wanted to pin a list of local resources that I have found helpful here in Eugene. If you have anything to add, comment and I’ll add it to this list!

Websites

• Eugene Tech Slack - This is a must!! Join, introduce yourself to the community, and keep up on the latest in tech in Eugene
  • Eugene Tech Switchboard - Here you’ll find people asking for work or offering work, or any other sort of tech needs. (I found my first local project on here!)
  • Eugene Tech Jobs - This list is updated weekly with local job postings, and it is a cheeky read :blush:

Meetups

I planned my life around meetup.com, here is a list of meetups that would be great to check out!

• Eugene Web Devs - Monthly with both talks and workshops!
  • Eugene Tech - Famous for Tech Tuesday. Every Tuesday at the Barnlight, you will meet people in tech who want to talk tech. This is a great place to keep an eye for the happenings in tech
  • Golang Book Club - If you want to get your hands dirty and learn, come meet people who are willing to sit down and teach anyone, anywhere, anytime!
  • Eugene Cybersecurity - Less code and more talk. Meet a more broad range of people, and sometimes even recruiters show up
  • Bitforest - All things Game Dev! I made my first contacts at their weekly Game Dev coffee every Wednesday. Even if you aren’t making games, they love to talk games! Also, there are monthly workshops, and 3 Game Jams a year. They are super supportive, open, and inviting.
  • Py Eugene - Interested in Python? Want to share or be shared with something you’ve been building? Come here for small informal monthly presentations.

Seriously build these events into your schedule. Not only are they educational, you’ll make lots of new friends! Good luck and see you around!

1 Like

Thanks for these resources!

Oh and don’t forget to check out our own monthly meeting!

Oh, great! I didn’t know it existed till now! The one at RAIN?

I have plans on 6/2, too bad… I might be able to make the meetup after that. I’m in Salem, and my schedule is weird, to boot, but I’ll try to make it down!

Do you post event details on any other site, like Meetup?

Right now I’ve just been using the forum to draw traffic here, but I may start using Meetup…

Hope to see you next time!