This project will be part of our new Quality Assurance and Information Security section. It was designed by @JosephLivengood.
The goal is for campers to be able to build these projects step by step following user stories. This will make the projects less intimidating and more fun. Oh, and don’t worry - we’ll still have plenty of optional projects where we don’t provide you with any tests. And if you’ve previously built these projects, you don’t need to build them again.
If you’re interested in attempting this, please reply to the thread and let us know you’ve started it. The more people who want to build this, the better, as we can start gathering feedback.
Thanks, and happy coding!
- I can create a user by posting form data username to /api/exercise/new-user and returned will be an object with username and _id.
- I can get an array of all users by getting api/exercise/users with the same info as when creating a user.
- I can add an exercise to any user by posting form data userId(_id), description, duration, and optionally date to /api/exercise/add. If no date supplied it will use current date. Returned will the the user object with also with the exercise fields added.
- I can retrieve a full exercise log of any user by getting /api/exercise/log with a parameter of userId(_id). Return will be the user object with added array log and count (total exercise count).
- I can retrieve part of the log of any user by also passing along optional parameters of from & to or limit. (Date format yyyy-mm-dd, limit = int)
Tester (MS6- Exercise Tracker): https://pricey-hugger.gomix.me/
Passing prototype: https://gomix.com/#!/project/fuschia-custard
Boilerplate to start with: https://gomix.com/#!/project/fcc-message