Failed test despite correct answer

I’m on the lesson, " CSS Grid: Divide the Grid Into an Area Template", and the instructions say " Place the area template so that the cell labeled advert becomes an empty cell". It seems straight forward, however the test keeps failing.

Even after resetting the code, and copy/pasting the solution from the “Get Help” section, the test continues to return as failed.

I’d hate for one lesson to keep me from getting that sweet sweet certification. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
as far as I know there is a bug with the comments that causes it to fail. Try and remove them, then it might work.
So your solution would be:

.container {
    font-size: 40px;
    min-height: 300px;
    width: 100%;
    background: LightGray;
    display: grid;
    grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr 1fr;
    grid-template-rows: 1fr 1fr 1fr;
    grid-gap: 10px;
    grid-template-areas:

"header header header"
      ".content content"
      "footer footer footer";

}

At least that fixes it for me, hope that helps.

2 Likes

Hey,
I think You should try using another browser as it happens rarely that we’re unable to pass test even if it’s right.

it wouldn’t, the only part you need to complete is the projects. Everything else is not mandatory, but just useful.

I removed the comments just like you suggested and the test passed. Thank you for your help! I might’ve lost sleep over that one unchecked lesson :grin:

I’ll keep that in mind the next time I’m having an issue like this. Thanks!

This time around I was able to remove the comments in the code and the test passed no problem.

That’s a relief! Thanks a lot!