I have a few questions to ask you:
1 Have you been active in the freecodecamp community asking for help or trying to better yourself? Answer: no you have not, this is your first forum post.
2. Do you actively build projects for people in your community for free to build you portfolio? I do not think so but i would love to hear this answer.
3. Have you actively built any projects every month for the last 3 years?
4. Do you have a linked in portfolio that you have connected to at least 1,000 other software engineers? doubt it, and its free
5. is your linkedin portfolio “for hire” and do you have your experience sections filled out?
6. Have you aplied to over 100 jobs a month every month month after month? doubt it
7. do you have a resume and a cover letter?
8. have you applied to a internship and actively seeked new opportunities?
9. do you have a github account and host your projects there?
10. Do you dedicate at least 6 hours a day to learning the curriclulum at leat 6 days a week?
can you build a html email? Have you even tried?
12. Are you trying to code for less than 1 hour a day so you can get rich forever? It wont work
13.Have you made a study plan and communicated and made friends with others in the community?
14. When will you stop complaining and start coding? No one owes you anything. No one should have to motivate you. You live in your own shoes. Have you even donated 5 dollars to freecodecamp? Or tried to answer someone elses question that needs help?(if not thats selfish).
15. Are you going to read these questions and do them or are you going to continue to blame others for your decisions that made you homeless, choose a min wage job, and look at yourself as just “another person of color”?
BTW I am a person of color who was homeless and had a minimum wage job but i decided to start a community called w3develops.org and help others like me learn from freecodecamp and i have seen many people , even of color get jobs. They worked for years. But i never heard them complain once, especially if they were not getting results because they didnt do the work and commit themselves, and these are guys with people who depend on them like a wife and kids. How bad do you REALLY want this. BAd enough to stop talking and start coding? If you dont like something do something about it.
Or since you consider yourself as just another brother of color you might understand this better: “If you knew better youd do better” -Drake
Word of advice, people dont hire you to help YOU they hire you so you can help THEM.
Once more question, what exactly did you do when you finished writing this post? DO you go study and build more projects or what was it exactly you did? I would love to hear your response.
One more thing, just because people online say they got jobs in 3 months doesnt mean you will, thats your fault for believing youd get rich quick. This is a serious career change, you need to take life serious like Jesus from the bible says. It will take longer for you to do something if youd dont try, blame other, and believe every Tom Dick and Jane who tell you something is easy for them. You are not them and younever will be. You dont know what they know. The fact that someone has to tell you this says alot. Mainly that you are not doing your research. Go try helping others. Build bridges dont burn them. I cut ties with all drug addicts, losers, deadbeats, wannabe gangsters, etc before i started to learn to code. I went and left having my first apartment and being able to move in with some scum bag drug dealers or living on the street to moving in with my mom because family is more important than trying to get rich and noone, and i mean noone on the street loves you homie. Before you change your career you need to change your life. Take responsibility for yourself and look inward and not outward. And stop playing the blame game, because noone care and noone wants to hear it. Its hard for everyone out here. Its all about how you deal with it.