FCC Tribute Page Feedback! :)

Hey, everyone!

Not set up for tabs or phones yet, just web.

Just looking for some feedback - thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! scroll hijacking!
Michael Jordan changed basketball and you changed scrolling!

This is one of the most creative-acting tribute pages I’ve seen!
Great job!

What is that greyish stop-sign symbol that is fixed on the left side? is it possible to remove it?

1 Like

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind feedback! :grinning:

There shouldn’t be any fixed symbol on the top left anymore!

Hi @cbanlawi, welcome to the forums. Your page is interesting but there are some things you may want to revisit;

• It’s a nit but, keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
  • Don’t use <br> to force spaces or breaks. If you want a new paragraph, close the paragraph tag and start another paragraph.
  • we can’t sign into your Google acc’t so we can’t see the image. You may want to host the image elsewhere. GitHub is one option.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
  • Your page looks good on a desktop/laptop but on smaller screens text gets cut off on the top and bottom, there’s bleed on the right side. That is, the user sees part of the next section before scrolling.
1 Like

Yes, I had the same problem when working on a smaller screen but haven’t gotten around to adding media queries yet! Thank you so much for all your feedback! I truly appreciate it!

It’s much better now, but can you add some margin to the top of the image of him (not the one on the left. The one that comes when you scroll)?

Awesome, thanks! Just did!

1 Like

Wow, great idea with the scrolling!

One thing that I noticed is that the text is somewhat difficult to read when in fullscreen on my desktop(1920 x 1080), as the reaches the image of Jordan.

One thing you might be able to do, is shrink the width just a tad so that you can read the full text on the page without it reaching Jordan(basically keeping it the width smaller than the white space).

Otherwise, this is pretty awesome! I also love the font choice. It really works with the vibe!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Appreciate the feedback!

Yeah, I haven’t gotten around to playing with media queries yet to make it look good on all screens but I’ll definitely do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like