FCC tribute page - please provide feedback - :)

hi all!!,

i’ve just finished my project… and i have some questions:

1. Should i do exactly the same as the objective of the guidance demands?
  2. what i’ll get from the projects?

this is the link to my project: https://codepen.io/muhamms/pen/xxZKgVJ

and imho, i think that those objective on the freecodecamp guidance is limiting our creativity, cause at first place i worried too much bout that and i got stuck… yeah… i know but may that’s to ease the test progress and many other considerations that i don’t know, but, i’m happy to hear to your peers. :tada:

then, and… i would be glad to get any suggestion to my project:)

i hope you spare a little of your time, to reply my question, or to appraise my work! even just a word of compliment or feedback will mean so much to a web design newbie as me… thanks…! :smiley:

NB: tbh, i haven’t completed some of the objectives. but if needed, i’ll happily fix my project asap. :slight_smile: just wanna know your peers on my project…

welcome @salehbageer

first youve done nice work

second, yes you have to follow the projects user stories guidelines .

third, im disagree with the limiting of creativity. you still can add or styling it as your imagination. for example. i can pass all the user stories test guidelines just with a simple html structure skeleton. and only one css class selector to make the image responsive. after that then im styling all up, without breaking the guidelines.
they make this user stories as a test for you to understand the basic. dont under estimated their efforts to built those certification test projects. in real life maybe something like this, you seen a client, and the client want the page like they want to see as their basic. and give you the opportunities to impressed them while the basic still in there.

four last but not least. please add the fcc cdn test script in every projects youre working in. i bet like youve said, alot of the objectives may failed. best to placed it just before your closing </body> tag.

salam,

#sobatambyar.

hi, @sobadrdb
ive revised my work here: https://codepen.io/muhamms/pen/jOWEOzr. and thankfully, it’s passed the test :slight_smile: . it felt satisfying and encouraging to see my work to, wokawokawok… moreover, it’s my first webpage project here… please provide feedback. and again, thanks in advance for your help.

salam,

salehb

Your page looks okay @salehbageer. Some things to revisit;

• The “link” to the company website annoyingly covers the text in the subtitle
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend the W3C validator
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it, there’s something to clean up.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Your page needs to be responsive.
    • On smaller screens things fall out of the container and there is a horizontal scrollbar
    • on smaller screens what you call an aside is too tiny to be read

Btw, you can edit the same pen. You don’t have to create a new pen each time you want, or need, to make changes.

1 Like