Feedback Appreciated on my Drum Machine Project

After finishing the FCC Drum Machine project, I was curious, if I would be able to create a “real” drum machine. This is still work in progress, but well here is the result:

What do you think? Any feedback is welcome!

Daniel

2 Likes

I don’t think I know more than half of the functionalities but it looks pretty awesome.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

This is very good, but i’m a little suspicious with:

Did you already have developer experience before this? Seems a bit good for the FCC curriculum.

Where do you have the kind of time to write 2200+ lines of java script within 11 days? Any developer this good showed have troubles with that because of a full time job…

Thanks for your kind replies @shimphillip, @michaelnicol !

My idea is to take it further, maybe even publishing it as an app, but that’s a long road to go.

This February I started with FCC to refresh my knowledge in web development, I do have some sort of background, but that was mainly CMS installation and adjusting templates, some PHP and just a little JS. I wasn’t really aware of ES6, nor to say frameworks like React, so I went here to broaden my horizon. Thank you FCC!

This project didnt came into life in 11 days (wonder how you did that number?), I worked on it for about 6 weeks, approximatley 1-3h hours a day, which prooves your eleven days somehow :wink:
Most of those 2000 lines are json and in real this project is splitted into several files. Within codepen you can’t replicate a file structure, I tried with a codepen “project”, but that seamed to leave to nowhere, than uploading the production build js file.

Would like to hear, if someone managed to setup a react project on codepen, other than inserting all components?

3 Likes

You posted august 21st
The pen said it was created august 10th

11 days.

Thanks for clarifying though.

Unless you specialize in music or like it, making a app might be too far. Maybe a website if you get the sounds working and just have some ad’s around it, but a app a little more expensive.

1 Like