Feedback Needed | Portfolio Page

Hey Campers! I just completed the Personal Portfolio challenge and it’s my first time using Bootstrap. Feedback on how to improve it would be very much appreciated!

EDIT: Updated the pen. This should be the finalized design! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll check yours out if you check mine!

Great page you’ve got! Good color scheme and I love the hover effect and the carousel was a great idea! Couple things you should update:

• Add the section links to your navigation. Right now they are broken links and only go to the top of the page.
  • Add anchor tags to your social media icons
  • Right now your images aren’t responsive. With Bootstrap, all you need is an .img-fluid class to all your images and they will resize with the screen.

Everything else seems clean to me, time to work on filling that portfolio!

2 Likes

Hi @codenchips,

Good work.
Overall the structure and layout is good.

Consider increasing the height of Portfolio section.It seems too short.

1 Like

Hi Lina! I’ve taken a look at your website. Here are my feedbacks:

1. Color Scheme.
  • Depending on the design you’re trying to go for, you should try to find matching color schemes. Not all colors go well with each other. Try this site https://coolors.co/ to find colors that match well together!
  1. Fonts.
  • I think the website used too many fonts and gave a very inconsistent feel. Try reducing to 2 or 3 at max.
  1. Overlapping words.
  • The way the content of the navbar overlaps with the content of the webpage made me uncomfortable.
  1. Looking at other’s work
  • You can try sourcing for inspiration herehttps://dribbble.com/. They have an amazing show case of apps and website designs!

Best of luck! Let me know if you need any help! :slight_smile:

Hey drregg6! Thank you very much for the compliments and great feedbacks!
Alright noted. I will work on those feedbacks and get the site live in 2 hours! :slight_smile:

Hey miritzi!

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll take that into consideration! :smiley:

Good portfolio page! :thumbsup:

On small screens reduce the size of the text in the carousel.

For some reason I can scroll a bit sideways, but I guess it’s not that an urgent issue.

i guess some padding / margin would give a better look