Feedback on my first tribute page - new to coding

Hi all,

I recently started the adventure of learning how to code and I love it so far! I now have built my first simple tribute page. And as I’m new I don’t know if it’s built right:) I’d be great if someone could give feedback on it. Thanks in advance.

https://codepen.io/remcoudb/pen/LwdYpz

Remco

• There are some spelling mistakes: “revolutionazid”, “studenst” and “habe”
  • The dots for the list items start all the way at the left, but the text itself is centered, which looks off. Go for text-align: left and add margin-left as you see fit.

Thanks for the feedback! I changed the spelling mistakes,I did noticed the dot’s on the list look off. I think I fixed it correctly now.

Hi @remcoudb, welcome to the forums. You page looks good for a start but there are some things you should go back and revisit.

• codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • As an aside, it’s an error to have the <h1> element outside of the <body> tag. All of the code for your page would be inside it.
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • You have some typo’s in CSS that will affect how your page displays
  • keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>). Your page passes 5/10 user stories.
  • I noticed you call two different fonts in CSS but you don’t have a link to them (in HTML) nor have you imported them (in CSS). You’ll need to do one or the other. You should also have a fall back font. Do some research on how to use a custom font for your page.

welcome. i will like to point something out. your img-caption color is white and it is hard to see on that background, one more thing your pic looks a bit to a side if you can try to center it it will looks better.

Hey,

The caption “dr. Charles Darwin” needs to be capitalized to “Dr. Charles Darwin”.