Feedback on my tribute page please?

Here’s my tribute page I created. Looking for feed back and constructive criticism :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, my name is Yuchin and I am new to the camp. Just got to the tribute page challenge and your page inspires me to do more than just basics.
Thank you for sharing the page. Looks very cool and colorful. The only fine tune you may need is just to fix the format or alignment with your h2, I guess?
Now I want to know more about Dave Grohl! LOL!

@Scooooo Nice work. I like that the height of your main header image adapts to fit the screen size. Your colors seem good to me as well. I also like the info you included and how you displayed the info in relation to the other images.

For valid HTML, you’ll want to look at the Doctype and the Head and Body sections of FCC Beta. All HTML markup should have these elements.

You may want to change the color for line 15, Dave Grohl. This Contrast Checker shows that those two colors don’t mix well with one another in terms of maximum accessibility and visibility.

Look at your code in this HTML code validator. I use this a lot to fix the minor mistakes I inevitably have in my HTML markup. You may benefit from it as well, even though your site has a relatively low number of errors.

You’re using inline styles in your HTML like style="font-size: 20px;", style="font-size: 16px;", and style="height: 100%;. Some say that this is not the best practice and it’s ideal to separate the function (HTML) and design (CSS). Here’s a good resource for learning more about that.

You have some cases where you’re selecting IDs in your CSS. Like the inline styles comment above, some people advise against this. Here’s a great post that discusses the issue further.

Overall, this is well done! :sunny: