Feedback on portfolio and opinions on horizontal websites

Hello everyone!
I have been working on my personal portfolio and really having fun with it trying new things. There are still some things I need to work out (such as functionality at small screen sizes) but I think I’m ready for feedback. Here is the link to it: http://codepen.io/jmatty16/full/mERVVz/

I don’t think I would actually use this portfolio as a professional site to get jobs because I may have gotten a little to creative and it might be better to have a more simple sleek portfolio. I also know that horizontal websites can sometimes be annoying to users so I don’t want to risk a potential employer not hiring me because of it, but I’d love to hear your opinions.

The horizontal thing is okay, but would be much better if the page had some kind of sliding functionality.

I think it’s pretty cool. I’m not a hiring manager, though. What I would change is the blue - a more neutral shade that can blend harmoniously with the photos (or even a dynamic background that changes color!! Oooo!) would greatly improve the look.

Perhaps this should be taken with a grain of salt as I am wearing polka dotted socks. Regardless, the link labeled “Background” doesn’t work.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m not sure why the “Background” link isn’t working for you as it works for me.

It displays quite poorly on my phone. I haven’t tried the PC version.