Feedback on Portfolio Appreciated

I’m still not finished w/ my tribute page, so I skipped ahead and did the portfolio. I’m not a webdesign newbie, but it’s been years since I’ve made anything.

Here’s the Codepen Version and the Github Version (which looks and loads better… at least on my pc).

I tried to make it all fancy and responsive but I still have some work to do:

• The items on the sticky menu jog a few pixels to the right after it sticks.
  • The menu that pops up in mobile mode doesn’t span the entire width of the screen.
  • I’m still working on making the portfolio section look less wonky on smaller screens.
  • It does this weird hang up thing when scrolling near the portfolio. Maybe this is just my computer, but I don’t know why it’s doing it or how to fix it.
  • Oh, and the form at the bottom doesn’t work, but that’s probably because the page needs a proper host. I’ll keep working at it, though.

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Good job on getting your portfolio page started. I like how it opens up to a very simple red background with menu at the bottom. I love the animation on your portfolio images.

If you want recommendations consider:

• your image is way too big. I have to scroll down two screens just to see it all. You could try making your image having a round border and then the about me text placed to the right of it so you see it all at once.

• The colored blocks for design experience and development experience I think should be full width each or put them side by side so they cover the whole width.

• Your portfolio and about me headers are left aligned but contact me is center aligned. They should be consistent.

• There is a lot of white space above and below your design and development experience

Thanks for the feedback, @ratracegrad. The image isn’t showing up too big for me in any of the browsers I’ve tried, so I’m not sure how to fix that.