Feedback request for My Portfolio

Hello all,

I would like to get feedback on my portfolio project.

My Portfolio

Thanks,
Balaji

hey,

Yeah I notice that, I think thats beause I had given a margin % to align them to the right, I will remove the margin and try adding col-xs before them to push them to the right. That should work I believe.

Hi @camperextraordinaire,

I’ve fixed it, but the CONTACT seems to be a bit spaced more than ABOUT, and I assume that’s because of the word length of PORTFOLIO. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi there.

You have taken a good start with your portfolio project. Here are a few things I would like to mention that you might like to work upon to improve your portfolio further.

• since you are using bootstrap 4 now, replace your “wells” components with “cards” because Wells are dropped from Bootstrap with the version 4. To read more follow the bootstrap 4 documentation. I am leaving the link here:
    https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/components/card/

• You have tried implement your pages navigation using “header-container”, However, there exists a better way to implement navigation bars in bootstrap by using navbars and scrollspy. That would be a more proper implementation unless you want to build navigation bar from scratch.
    Links to read more about bootstrap’s navs, navbar, scrollspy component:
    navs, navbar, scrollspy.

• the problem with your portfolio section is similar to the one you had in awards section of your tribute page project. They do not align properly when changing screen width. Use the bootstrap flex utility or CSS3 flexbox to keep them in position.
    Links:
    bootstrap flex
    CSS3 flexible box

Additionally,
You have used circular profile image, which is okay… but you might want to work on resizing and converting square images into circle because for instance, normally when you upload a pic to a website it resizes and showcases your profile picture in a circle itself, you don’t have to upload a circular image. It’s just an optional suggestion you can work on it if you are interested.

GoodLuck!

1 Like

Hey @ridafatima15h1,

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve been busy the past 2 days, I will implement the changes soon!

1 Like