Feedback Request - Tribute Page - First Experience Coding

Hello world,

This is my first experience with coding as well as my first post and I would appreciate any feedback anyone would like to give me. If you can tell me how to make the quote at the top of the page appear vertically aligned in the center of the row (to the right of the photo on larger screens), that would be especially appreciated!

My project is here.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I hope your first experience has gone well, your page looks very nice and readable! Lots of interesting information I did not know of Miguel de Cervantes, though I love the book he wrote.

To answer your question, flexbox is probably your best bet for vertical alignment these days. Bootstrap 4 has classes that enable flexbox behavior, which you can use to make the div class="row" and its children use flex behavior.

If you wish to use some flexbox styling in your own CSS, you can add an extra class with display: flex to div class="row", and then add display: flex and align-items: center to the div that holds the blockquote.

As sidenote, you may also consider increasing the contrast of the black text on the dark gray background.

All the best!

2 Likes

I’ll read the link you provided and give it a try. As for the print, I was wondering about that myself, so I’m glad you said something. Thank you for taking a look at it!

I am doing my first project now also, this is impressing! now i have to work even harder though haha :slight_smile: keep it up!

1 Like

I am very impressed with your use of bootstrap rows! how did you get so good with it?

I came on here and looked at a few other people’s posts and then tried to recreate their tribute pages without looking at the code first. There were always a few things on each one that I couldn’t figure out how to do, but it was good practice I think. Thank you for the compliments!

Excelent, really clean and nice. If I had to say something, it could help white color in the letters with gray background, more easy to read. But I liked a lot the display, very creative!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to play with the letter coloring today.

1 Like

Great color scheme and layout design. You must have experience in visual layouts. If not, it is very natural to you. Nice balanced page.