Finally completed Cash Register algo

The Cash Register algorithm is one of the only algos I kept getting stuck on and because it was a requirement for the JS cert I committed to solving it over the last couple of days.

For context, I last really got stuck into the algos about 18 months ago. Since then I sit down to try cash register every month or so and give up frustrated after about 45 mins in a complete muddle about what I think I’m trying to do.

Finally, FINALLY, last night at about 12:30am I got all the tests to pass and claimed the cert :grin:

Moral of the story:
If you feel like a failure for giving up, know that you can always come back to it later. You might repeat that cycle for a long time, but eventually you will figure it out.

Also, floating point math in JS sucks.

8 Likes

Congratulation!
I was just self-doubting myself if I am suitable for coding.
I feel like forgetting what I have learned as keeping moving on to the next challenges.
(and I have also stopped for few months because of Twitch TV project. Finally came back a month ago and try to do the new curriculum. )
And now I am stuck again with the cash register project. :sob: (Still haven’t gone back to Twitch TV yet)
It’s quite encouraging to read your story. Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like