Finished personal portfolio challenge - feedback welcome!

Hi,

I believe I have completed this challenge and checked it against the user strories to make sure it meets the criteria.

Could I ask for your feedback on it please?

Personal Portfolio Challenge

I’m still very much learning so the code may not be as ‘efficient’ as some of your work, but it will be with more time and practice.

I have focussed on functionality and readability in the main.

Thanks in advance
Reno

Your site looks good, I like how you laid it out. When viewing on mobile, there are a couple things I noticed that you could dabble into over time. The navbar links don’t link to different parts of the page. There are pretty good tutorials online of how to link to different parts of a static page. The second is that the page isn’t responsive, so it doesn’t scale to mobile. This causes me to have to scroll side-to-side and up/down to view content. Fixing that is not in the challenge description, but something to think about.

Part of me doesn’t like having to rely on bootstrap to make a page (what happens when boostrap doesn’t exist anymore), but it really helps the flow of the page.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can make the page responsive with something like CSS grid also. You don’t necessarily have to use bootstrap, as that was just an example.

@freezilla thank you for taking a look and for your feedback.

I did struggle a bit in working out where to place the id for the nav buttons.I tried just before the container, just within the container and at the h2 header but it just didnt sit right no matter where I tried. I definitely need to do more study on that and then come back and revise it. I’ll start with the tutorials you have suggested as I definitely haven’t solved that problem yet.

I’ll also definitely look at making the page responsive for smaller screens. Not in the initial brief as you say but i think its probably an unwritten rule if the end goal is the ux, which is probably should be.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. I havent submitted this yet as complete so i’ll spend some time addressing these before I do.

Best wishes,
Reno

I just came back and looked at your site on my laptop, and it looks really good. You’ve already met the requirements, so you can submit it and change things later. If it were me, I wouldn’t go off on a learning tangent yet. What I’m trying to say is it’s easy to get sidetracked from your main goals (and lose a bunch of time), so stick with your plan and worry about the small UX stuff later.

That’s brilliant, thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve submitted it and will come back and look at it again when i’m further along the course - no doubt resulting in some revisions at the time.

I’m now getting stuck in to the Javascript section as you suggest so as not to lose momentum.

Thanks again!