Finished Weather App! Please critique!

This is actually a remake. I made it once using OpenWeatherMap, and was not satisfied. This version uses, forecast.io, skycons for forecast.io, and google reverse geocoding.

Some features are:

• A 5 day forecast

• slight data visualization

https://codepen.io/coreyburk/full/yJxmRk/

Any advise or critiques are appreciated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like it! I’m not sure what the column chart adds to it (and I’m not the biggest fan of that bright green), but I really enjoy everything else besides that, particularly the icons.

Thank you and duly noted! I like the icons as well. When I first made my weather app, I made it super basic and just felt like it was lacking content. My thought with the charts was to add a bit of content, while trying to make the information easier to read. As for that pesky green, i can probably tone down the saturation a bit :grin:

i’m a total noob on here, so it’s hard for me to really critique, but the animated icons are cute and the overall look is clean.

1 Like

Looks good on mobile. The corner triangles are getting into your content a bit. I would maybe add a low temp to go along with your high temp. Outside of that, it looks fantastic.

Thank you! You’re right, the corner triangles were getting in the way. I added them to the media query for larger screens. Also there should be a color for “low”(subjective) temperatures. It’s blue and only appears for temps below 60F/15C. perhaps I should raise it, that’s just what i consider low. I actually was surprised to discover how warm the northern hemisphere is in the summer. I had to search for Norway or Canada to get to see blue!