First HTML Project, hoping for some feedback!

Hey everyone!

I’m brand new to programming and I was just looking for some feedback on my first HTML project. I know I still have a TON to learn, so off the bat I’m really just hoping for some constructive criticism on how my code is set up. I know there’s a certain way it’s supposed to be, so I’d like to establish that early.

Thanks a lot!

Project: http://codepen.io/cpie19/pen/XpgXWW

Hi @cpie19,

HTML

• Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size:
  <h1 class="text-center text-primary" id="heading">Kemba Walker</h1>
  <h3 class="text-center" id="subheading">Point Guard - Charlotte Hornets</h3>

MDN documentation:
<h1>–<h6>: The HTML Section Heading elements - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

**Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size: use the CSS font-size property instead.**Avoid skipping heading levels: always start from <h1>, next use <h2> and so on.

HTML Standard

h2–h6 elements must not be used to markup subheadings, subtitles, alternative titles and taglines unless intended to be the heading for a new section or subsection. Instead use the markup patterns in the §4.13 Common idioms without dedicated elements section of the specification.

Common Idioms
HTML Standard

• Is recommended for styles to be defined in a separate file or files
<ul id="percentages" style="list-style: none">

MDN documentation:
style - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

The style global attribute contains CSS styling declarations to be applied to the element. Note that it is recommended for styles to be defined in a separate file or files. This attribute and the <style> element have mainly the purpose of allowing for quick styling, for example for testing purposes.

CSS

This is only a recommendation
A Line In The Sand, A Story About Meaty Chili and Using Classes | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks

• This is error prone
#body {
  font-family: courier;
}

#heading {
  margin-bottom: 5px;
}

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile: