First Portfolio Review

Please review my portfolio

I really like the design - I think the color pallette works really well, and the links to your projects are super slick.

If I had a criticism, it’s that I think the serif font used for all of the text (I’m seeing a font like Times New Roman on my end) doesn’t really fit with the modern look of the website - I feel like a sans-serif font would work better.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @MculoFish, your page looks good but there are some things you may want to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>). Your page passes 8/12 user stories.
  • When a user clicks on one of your projects have it open in a new tab.

I took a quick look at a couple of your other projects and noticed they don’t pass all the user stories and some are not responsive. Since you showcase them have them meet the minimum requirements.

Thank You, I thought I used the san-serif. I don’t know maybe it’s your browser.

Thank you, when I add the test script I get a #mocha div is missing when I add it I get :fail 0, pass:0;.
I was planning on re-doing my projects after my portfolio but I definitely noticed that they aren’t good.

• It’s not anyone’s browser. You should see the text in your welcome section with a serif font too. In your CSS declaration for body the values you have for the font property are incorrect.
  • This is a problem that it seems many people here have had. If you search the forum for “mocha div missing” you will find many posts and many solutions. One of them is that you have to add codepen.io to the list of allowed third-party website cookies.

My mistake thank you you’ve got a very good eye. I’ll try fixing the test suite issue too

1 Like

This is a really nice portfolio!
I like the parallax scrolling you implemented.

I would suggest keeping the navbar fixed to the top of the page.

Maybe animate the projects as a user hovers over them and keep them inside their parenting div when resized.

Great job. Keep up the great work!
:slight_smile:

1 Like