First website feedback

Okay… Disregard my message earlier about going to other pages lol. I just needed a break.

your design is great.
need to update my css skills because am having issues with that.

love your work

Would someone please help me out. I implemented a – side-nav – for when the screen hits phone sizes but now my – header.shrink/nav.shrink on scroll down doesn’t work. It has something to do with the nav section and the hamburger menu but I just cant figure it out.

<!-- NAV SECTION -->
<div id="home">
    <div class="container">
        <header>
            <div class="logo">
                <h2>Sorush Dadkah</h2>
            </div>
                <nav id="mySidenav" class="sidenav">  
                        <a href="javascript:void(0)" class="closebtn" onclick="closeNav()">&times;</a> 
                    <ul>
                        <li><a href="#skills">SKILLS</a></li>
                        <li><a href="#portfolio">PORTFOLIO</a></li>
                        <li><a href="#about-me">ABOUT</a></li>
                        <li><a href="#teams">TEAM</a></li> 
                        <li><a href="#contact">CONTACT</a></li>
                    </ul>
                </nav> 
            <span class="hamburger-icons" style="font-size:30px;cursor:pointer" onclick="openNav()">&#9776;</span> 
        </header> 
    </div>

<!-- HOMEPAGE SECTION -->    
    <div class="hero-container">
        <div class="container">
            <div id="fadeout" class="header-heading">WELCOME TO MY PAGE!</div>   
                <a href="#skills" class="btn-scroll"><h3>SCROLL DOWN<a></h3>

<div class="arrow_down">
                <i class="fas fa-chevron-down"></i>
                <a href="#skills" class="scroll-v"><h3>SCROLL DOWN<a></h3>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

surround your code in 3 backticks at the start and end

code 
code 

(click the pencil at the top right of this post, then click raw)

Hi @michaelnicol, thanks for the tip. I think it would be easier for you guys to check out the project code in full because you might need to check out the css.

1 Like

That’s impressive! I just want to know that at which stage of freecodecamp were you at the time of developing your this portfolio?

So sorry for the late reply! I am finishing up the landing page project. I will post that soon. I just watch a lot of tutorials my friend. Follow the FCC tutorials and projects in order and you will be fine. After you finish the tutorials here on FCC, you can watch other tutorials as well to get a sense of how others write their code. The more projects you build the more experience you will gain.

Some helpful tools: https://codepen.io/Mike-was-here123/post/check-out-these-sites