Anybody wants to strengthen their JS knowledge by reading You Don’t Know JS book series by Kyle Simpson completely, just by spending 2 hours of focused reading everyday?
For the past few days I am learning lot of things alone currently and feeling little lonely. In order to combat this and complete what I am learning, and help others also do so, I am starting a focused study group. The study group uses a process and few time blocking techniques to improve our focus and productivity.
Here are the rules:
- We have to gather everyday at the same time on http://appear.in and start reading ydkjs for 2 hours breaking it in 4 sessions.
- We have to strictly bond ourselves to this team pomodoro in order keep ourselves focused.
- 25 minute focused reading + 5 minute break (in which we clear doubts and ask questions if we have any, praise each other or just stretch and relax).
- During the 2 hour session we put our phones on silent mode, block all social media sites, email etc.
- Its just reading YDKJS and nothing else.
What do you get?
- A bunch of like minded friends who meet everyday to help each other.
Appear.in can accommodate upto 8 people, so if you are interested just let me know. I stay in IST +05:30 time zone. However if majority of you stay in a different time zone I can adjust my time to your time zone
Reading YDKJS only is not necessary. You can join even if you want to read some other book, learn something else or just want to work on a side project. YDKJS is optional.
Apart from doing your thing in a focused 2 hour time, you also get some accountability and motivation to push things forward.
I am full stack Software Developer who worked in Startups for more than 4+ years. For a long time I kept postponing lot of things which I wanted to learn in order to become a better programmer. So, currently spending time to learn them .