Free code camp doesnt work with internet edge

hi guys

i recently got a laptop with windows 10

free code camp doesnt work with its internet explore at all

There are a few hiccups with internet explorer indeed, is it optimal? No, but it does still function (again, with some hiccups.) I cannot speak for how or why this is the case, as that is outside the scope of my understanding, however I do know that internet explorer is usually late when it comes to supporting certain technologies and features used in development. I suggest getting comfortable with chrome moving forward, as it has the best browser support for newer technologies, as well as the tools it has for developers!

TLDR: IE sucks, defitniely use google chrome.

1 Like

Are you using Internet Explorer or Edge? You should drop IE entirely. But with Edge I also observed that it doesn’t seem to work very with freecodeCamp, and I also wonder why as it is a browser that support most of the web technologies nowdays. I have curiosity to understand what’s the issue.

Free Code Camp has been updated to use newer technologies. It makes the application much faster and it means that we can go much longer without having to do a huge migration like the recent one. However, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari are very bad about choosing not to adhere to standards and support new functionality in JS and CSS. Right now, that means that these browsers exhibit lots of unexpected behavior. If you become a web developer you will come to hate these browsers with every fiber of your being.

2 Likes

Do not use Edge.Switch to another browser. Also, do not forget taht you can easily transfer data such as boomarks directly to your new browser. Choose Google, follow some of the described steps https://freewindows10.download/articles/how-to-import-bookmarks-from-edge-to-google-chrome and use Freee Code Camp. And you can choose not only Google.