Freecc job path (s)

Freecc job path (s)

So is there an area of the website that spells out what exact job might be had with the corresponding exact course (s)?

Like each 300 hours could yield a specific job or is it all general knowledge that should all be completed

• Responsive Web Design Certification (300 hours)

• Javascript Algorithms And Data Structures Certification (300 hours)

• Front End Libraries Certification (300 hours)

• Data Visualization Certification (300 hours)

• Apis And Microservices Certification (300 hours)

• Information Security And Quality Assurance Certification (300 hours)

• Coding Interview Prep (Thousands of hours of challenges)

The first 4 certs would make you a pretty well rounded frontend developer. The last 2 focus on back end.

Complete all and you could be considered a full stack developer.

That said I completed one of the old frontend certs, the current JavaScript cert and only partially completed the old backend stuff and I still got a job as a mostly frontend, sort of full stack, Web developer.

I would recommend just starting at the start and follow your intuition if it feels right to deviate from the course.

Edit
But to answer your question, no. No part of the site explicitly tells you ‘this cert leads to x, y, z jobs’

Jackson I’m curious, do you like the new format better? Is there more or less information?

I started when it was the old format and kind of liked it. But honestly I don’t know enough to know if this is better.

If you’re looking to jump into being a front-end dev then check this out…it is also from a fellow camper. I’m not sure what you’re looking for exactly, but I also agree with the user below. Furthermore, depending on what you want to do…you can use some search engines to find similar desired jobs near you and compare and contrast what they’re looking for as far as skillset. Good luck! //lovecoding

https://medium.freecodecamp.org/become-a-developer-and-get-your-first-job-fast-7b8ac26d84c6

Quick question…how is the JS load in your current job?

@Sheaface The new curriculum has more content, and I think it’s both more intuitively structured and more evenly spread with the way the projects have been organised. That said, I haven’t done much of it, since work and family takes up all my time at the moment. The addition of the testing was excellent. The console output is a bit broken though, iirc.

@mwebster94 I was hired basically to fill a need for a React dev, so the clear majority of my work is JavaScript. Coding-wise, in 3 months I’ve spent maybe 20 hours on php, twig templates, 15 days or so on ruby / Rails and the rest has been JavaScript. I don’t really count HTML and CSS, since you touch that whatever you do.

I’ve spent a a small amount of time on stuff like writing Docker files, bash scripts, YAML for CI pipelines - which is all stuff I didn’t really know how to do, so being a bit comfortable with staring down a new syntax to do one off jobs is another important skill I’ve found useful.

Oh that’s amazing! Thank you for your prompt response! I agree 100% about adapting to new syntax as well.

Jackson, what would you say about the Coding Interview Prep cert?

Is that mainly for frontend, backend, or both?

Have you completed the Responsive Web Design cert as well with the others?

I completed only these: https://www.freecodecamp.org/jacksonbates

That’s not to say that’s all I can do, but they are the only certs I got.

As for the interview prep stuff, tbh I haven’t even looked at it so I couldn’t comment.

Let me first say that I don’t have a job in web dev (yet).

I started the fCC curriculum about two months ago and have been working my way through the course. So far I’ve completed four of the six (just finished Data Visualization) and while I haven’t started my job search, I can say confidently that when I look at jobs in my area I feel I meet the skill requirements they ask for.

I am very confident that I will be able to get a job based on what I’ve learned, and that I will be able to build a portfolio that showcases my skills effectively ( I love React) . I intend to keep going and get the last two certifications, too. But may stop and build some React apps so I can start the job search while I learn.

Edit: for context, I spend about 6-8 hours a day/ 7 days a week grinding through it, but I’m enjoying it a lot. I also have had some experience coding before but not much in JavaScript.

Good luck!