freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Change the Font Size of an Element

my code :

.red-text {color: red;} .p {font-size: 16px;}

CatPhotoApp

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.

Ok, on my computer, which is a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series, I was running into the issue of not being able to figure how to get passed the ā€œI am having the same problem like text zoom should be 100%.What is that?ā€ issue so many other people were having including myself!

I kept playing with the zoom sizes and had to go all the way down to 50% for the lesson to finally let me pass. Donā€™t know why it finally worked when I zoomed in that much but I finally got it to let me pass!

1 Like

Try this out guys.
I am 100% sure this will work.

.red-text { color: red; }p{font-size:30px; }

CatPhotoApp

Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.

Thanking you
Shawn Alexander

1 Like

you shoul create a new class for p

Check your opening and closing braces{}.

I canā€™t get this to work. No matter what I do it complains about me not having two paragraph statements, which I do. (both opened and closed out properly) and that I didnā€™t use required text (I literally copied the exact text and pasted it)ā€¦ I am at a loss. This is not, I think, my issue. I hate this challenge and feel it is bugged and/or very poorly explained with the amount of complaints it has. I hope the runners of this site take notice of the problem and allow ANY AT ALL work around!!! This is extremely frustrating and makes me want to quit. Please please pleaseā€¦ donā€™t make this site like this because I want to learn to code but this is ridiculous. Allow work arounds for buggy trials! Allow SOMETHING.

1 Like

So hereā€™s what I did and it worked. Create a new < p>(I put a space after the < so that this chat wouldnā€™t read it as code) and copy paste the words they want you to use (highlight them and press ctrl + c and paste them by pressing ctrl + v), that was the easy part. Now they want you to create a font size for all < p> so to do that you go back up to the part of your code that says style and set p to a certain font size. So you write p and then follow it with the example code that they give for changing font size, but remember to set it to 16 as the directions say and not 30 as they use in the example.

Also, make sure your web browser has the zoom set to 100% you can find this by going to the settings.

.red-text { color: red;} p {font-size: 16px;}

CatPhotoApp

2 Likes

Finally! div tag made it pass. Not sure why though.

This worked for me:

.red-text { color: red; } p{font-size: 16px }

CatPhotoApp

thanks a lot!! :sunny:

how did you figure it out iā€™m stock to this point

<style>
  .red-text {color: red;}
  p {font-size: 16px;}
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text" class="p">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>    
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
1 Like

Below code worked for meā€¦

.red-text { color: red; } p { font-size: 16px; }
1 Like

pleas help
this is my error
Your p element should contain the first few words of the provided additional kitty ipsum text.
this is my answer

p{font-size:16px} .red-text { color: red; }

CatPhotoApp

1 Like

never mind
i was repeating the same text in the p twice fore some reason

I solved this issue by resizing my browser size to 100% and writing p tag as

p{
font size:16px;
}

You have to use a colon after font-size not ā€˜=ā€™.

3 Likes

Iā€™m facing the same problem, using Chrome on Windows.

My browser is set to 100%, and I found this resource for Chrome:

Change text, image, and video sizes (zoom)
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=en

But when I went to Settings > Font Size (set to Medium as recommended), I experimented with Small and Large size to no effect. There was no 100% setting.

Can someone help?

I solved the problem by re-reading the last instruction:

Also, please do not add a class attribute (.p) to your new p element.

1 Like

First the directions say: Create a second p element after the existing p element with the following kitty ipsum text: Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.

Then at the bottom, I have all green check-marks except for this red X: Your p element should contain the first few words of the provided additional kitty ipsum text.

These are contradictory instructions. Am I supposed to follow the first set of instructions, or the second?

But where did we learn of the div tags