freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Iterate Through an Array with a For Loop

Thank you so much for your amazing explanation! I was struggling to understand the logic and what the code was even doing and now I’ve got such a clear understanding thanks to you! Really appreciate the time and effort you took to write it down!

This REALLY helped!!

I managed to solve the problem but I do not have a full understanding of how I did it. How does the loop come up with a number of 20?

1 Like

I truly appreciate the detailed explanation.

This is so helpful. I found myself easily completing the task as the example spells it out a little too well but afterward I thought to myself I don’t understand why this worked. The explanation you gave really helped me understand the why. Thank you for taking the time to write all that out!

:warning::warning::warning:SPOILER ALERT::warning::warning::warning:

This is how I did it:

// Setup
var myArr = [ 2, 3, 4, 5, 6];

// Only change code below this line
var total = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < myArr.length; i++) {
  total += myArr[i];
}
9 Likes

Thanks everyone for the explanations. I initially declared my total variable inside the for loop so it kept resetting back to zero with each iteration. haha :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for long explanation. Really helps me a lot. TQ

Hello I have a problem that I need help with. Maybe I am just not seeing something but I can’t find whats wrong with this. Can someone help me understand what I am doing wrong?

// Setup

var myArr = [ 2, 3, 4, 5, 6];
var total = 0;

// Only change code below this line

for (var i = 0; i < myArr.lenght; i++) {
total += myArr[i];
}

2 Likes

You changed code where you weren’t supposed to.

and you have a typo as well

1 Like