How do those of you with regular, actual, paying freelance web-dev jobs spend most of your productive, creative time?
Or, what does your average assignment involve?
Productive and creative means not browsing /r/programmerhumor, playing with the new version of Firefox (although I hear it’s good), or going down a YouTube rabbit hole about space and Genghis Khan after starting with a simple video on JS arrays. And not about finding work, or negotiating with clients, or working out what the client actually wants. I mean the work that converts a specification into an end product (and hopefully a payday) - coding, primarily.
- HTML/CSS from scratch
- Digital design (Photoshop, SVGs, …)
- WordPress theme development
- WordPress installation and configuration
- Registering domain names and hosting packages i.e. getting something on the web
- Backend architecture and development (complex APIs)
(For those observant ones, yes I did post this on the FB group yesterday - although I’m curious to see how the responses here differ. Call it A-B testing )