From Fashion Model to a senior tech support job in 4 months - everything IS possible

:star: Congratulations. :star:
You are living proof of how you can achieve when you focus on something.
I believe you can learn anything you put your mind to and you clearly have the right motivation!
It took me a long time to get to be a programmer (I was technical support before).
But when I made it I found programming rewarding (and easier!). Much more than the technical support which felt like fire fighting problems every day.
It took me a while to get confident, maybe a year or so but after that I loved it.
Nowadays, compared to when I started there are loads of online resources available which have helped me upskill in different areas.
I’m not sure how programming compares to being a model but I’m sure you could still do that in your spare time if you wanted to. Being a programmer sounds much more like a long term career. Some places also give you free food! :rofl:
Best of luck and you know there are lots of us about to provide help if you ever need. :+1:

@tikaspijkerman

Thank you for sharing your original story and the update.

When I read that part, I couldn’t help wondering if you were talking about modelling or web development work. :grin:

After more than 30 years of teaching, I’m heading to a web development bootcamp next week. After that, who knows? There are lots of parallels between your story and my own (minus the modelling part, of course!)

@petersim Haha I understand the confusion! With that sentence I meant to build up a portfolio as a web developer.
Good luck with your bootcamp, Im really curious about the outcome of it!

How is it going at Google? I understand you work on a junior tech support for AdWords/AdWords Express/Analytics services at Google. Is it like helping customers to improve their experience and results with those product? Do you also work with software developers? Overall how do you describe your experience at Google?

When I read that part, I couldn’t help wondering if you were talking about modelling or web development work. :grin:

Nice and inspirational story, thanks for your effort. It’s nice how a fashion designer have programming and coding interests, actually i’m a freelance fashion designer but i really admire my job and i don’t i might change it, i used to sell many dresses and shoes designs to big fashion company such as Zara, Gucci, Prada and also some celebrities i saved some money to open my own online store but unfortunately i didn’t success and recently i signed a contract with big fashion company here in US and i’ll design exclusive for them, but i’d keep make some free designs just to share thoughts and new idea with fashion designs, the company i work with now is lily lulu fashion and i’m really excited about this new beginning, in my opinion fashion is more fun than programming.