Front End Developer

Good evening and thank you for reading/answering this,

I am going through the basic CSS portion of the curriculum and I want a end goal of being a front end developer, So basically I am wondering what I need to complete or know in order to get a job i would even be interested in freelance work until I landed a job.

Once again thank you and happy coding

-NYCoder

Key stuff:

• Knowledge of CSS/HTML.
  • Knowledge of JavaScript.
  • Knowledge of the browser’s JS API, in particular DOM manipulation and XHR/fetch, the latter of which necessitates knowledge of…
  • HTTP/HTTPS, making requests, using APIs, and things like CORs.
  • once you understand JS, picking up a framework (React/Angular/Vue) is a good next step.
  • Ability to comfortably use a terminal.

This is quite a reasonable overview of some of the skills seeen as important in the current market:

4 Likes

okay, thank you so much. is that all covered in FCC?

FCC has a ton of learning material, however, sometimes learning from one source can get a little mundane. I recommend also checking out colt Steeles web development Bootcamp in addition to FCC. https://www.udemy.com/the-web-developer-bootcamp/

3 Likes

Such a great course! I am working on both at the moment… Just found out he has an advanced bootcamp, gotta take babysteps and finish the first course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that course free as well or does it cost money?

This is very good and I would say the best front-end guide/handbook I have found on the web, there is a lot of stuff there to probably keep yourself busy for the rest of your life, so enjoy.

2 Likes

And always be willing to learn! Be comfortable with pushing boundaries but set limits as well!