Front end interview

Hi everybody,

Next week I have a front end interview as a junior front end (entry level) in London,UK.
I’m a bit scared and I’d like to know if anybody in here already did it and can give me some advice.
Because I’d like to prepare very well for it.

So, I did a lot of research and I got some general questions they might ask me:
Tell me about yourself
Why do you want to work for us?
Describe yourself
Why are you applying for this position?
What are your greatest strengths?
What are your greatest weaknesses?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Why should we hire you?
Do you have any questions?

and about some technical questions, considering I’m an entry level, what they might ask me, ?

If any of you did a junior front end interview in London or UK (because I’ve read it can be different from US) please could give me some advice and share your experience?

Thanks a lot

Nobody?
Please if someone has some advice to give me

Hi you can refer to my post. I just started my job recently as a front end dev.

In general just answer to the best of your ability. Feel free to ask anything

1 Like

When I interviewed for front-end focused jobs, I was asked about ES6 vs ES5, and specific tags in css/html. I also was shown a design/mockup/website and asked if I knew how to do xyz (they pointed at some animation done with greensocks), and to explain.

1 Like

My experience is that just because you’re entry level don’t expect that they’ll go easy on you. Now I’m not trying to scare you but I’m trying to prepare you so that you can better prep yourself as time goes on.

Show your portfolio and if it doesn’t have a minimum of a responsive website, a drop down nav menu without reliance on jquery, as well as knowledge of how a backend stack works you will be a tougher sell (PHP does count, espeially if you’ve created wordpress plugins).

However you don’t have to be a genius and a pariah who can code everything from scratch.

Instead, you need to be able to have a decent level of pseudocode and if you’re stuck be shameless. Google it. You’re not in a vacuum. You’re here to do the best work you can with help.

Now the good news is, you have a lot of resources at your disposal. I highly recommend udemy courses in reactjs and angular. Angular is, imo more for graduates of cs or those who have developer experience.

React JS udemy classes are for those who got through fcc and want to do more.

Thank you all for the advice!!
I’ll update you about my interviews