for(var i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
					var c = Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min + 1)) + min;
					x.innerHTML += " " + c;

}
}

and in my html i have my input types:

<input type="text" id="num1" name="one"/  >
<input type="text" id="num2" name="two"/  >
<button onclick="getRandomNumber(document.getElementById('num1').value,document.getElementById('num2').value);">Generate 50 random numbers
</button >
		<p id="ok"></p>

If i use getRandomNumber(5, 10);, the code works as intended and generates numbers through 5-10, but if i use the document.getElementById(‘num1’).value and the other one, the code doesn’t work.

I did console.log tests and it does print the correct value of the inputs… I don’t know why.

The incorrect output show like:

Thanks

Just a fyi, The ‘//’ in the code are only there so i can post it, otherwise it wouldnt show for some reason. There are no syntax errors in the console.log report

Hi xtnd,

First of all, try reversing the quotation marks in the button element to this effect:

onclick='getRandomNumber(document.getElementById("num1").value,document.getElementById("num2").value);'

Also, I think you have to either change the input types to number or use parseInt() to make sure that all values in your function are numbers and not strings.

Thanks for the reply, the parseInt addition seemed to work. I’m not sure why to be honest but i’ve been trying to figure this out for hours :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh, i understand now. thats why my min value was always at the end of the number because it thought i was concatenating a string instead of doing a math formula.

1 Like