Get Set for Our Dynamic Web Apps Clementine.js Login Problem

I did the steps mentioned here to try Clementine.js to start working on the dynamic web apps.

After that, I ran the app using mongod --smallfiles and then node server.js, and it ran successfully, but when I press the “LOGIN WITH GITHUB” button:

I get this error:
Error at Strategy.OAuth2Strategy.authenticate (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/passport-oauth2/lib/strategy.js:131:25) at attempt (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:348:16) at authenticate (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:349:7) at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5) at next (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13) at Route.dispatch (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3) at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5) at /home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22 at Function.process_params (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12) at next (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10) at SessionStrategy.strategy.pass (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:325:9) at SessionStrategy.authenticate (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/passport/lib/strategies/session.js:71:10) at attempt (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:348:16) at authenticate (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:349:7) at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5) at trim_prefix (/home/mintkem/Desktop/Projects/fcc/back-end/try-clementine/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)

I had the same issue, and I noticed that I forgot to set APP_URL to the “Homepage URL” that I set when registering the app on Github. It’s set to “http://localhost:8080/” if you copy the example from the tutorial. You need to change that to your c9 app url or http://127.0.0.1:8080/ if you’re running it locally.