Getting a job in Germany

hello,
I’ve heard of this service honeypot.io is really good for helping them find a job

Hi, You can open Linkedin account. or you can follow all companies from websites like jobapplicationform365.com..

1 Like

Can an IT certification (aws developer, for example) be use as vocational training?

Hello! I’m not reply to your latest post. But, yeah, it’s very awesome to have a job in Germany. I am a Chinese, studying in the Netherlands for 5 years (1 year master + 4 year PhD) but in medical field. Now I am almost finish the intermediate algorithms and will continue to finish the last several projects (advanced project) in FCC. As a foreigner, not easy to find a job in European countries, not to speak of without a CS degree. But I don’t want to give up.

Hopefully, you can share something about web development job in European to me. Highly appreciate it.

1 Like

Hey! this is an old post but I’m very interested in the freelance option since it appears to be my best bet now: they request a minimum of 3 clients with contract. How did you manage to get them when you applies? Were you already freelancing before? Do you have any tips for someone just beginning?

Hi there, I am looking into entering a bootcamp ubiqum (have you heard about it ) they focus on front end and backend - Java, with Spring framework. I know that both of the latest subjects are very complex and will not be able to grasp the full concept in a period of six months.
However the plan is to graduate the bootcamp and look for Junior developer job in Germany (any place). I am from Ukraine and do not have work authorization to work in EU, if you can advise form your experience if will be possible to get an entry level web dev job with the after the bootcamp with medium Javascript and some basic Java skills?

May I share some thoughts to Stivis post?
When Stivis says you can get a job without degree note, that he is an EU citizen, which is an extra status for a foreigner in Germany. Of course also non eu foreigners can get a job in Germany without IT degree but the bureaucratic hassle is much higher. One can also choose the way of a self-employed person. Without a degree, however, you are more likely to be classified as a sole proprietor (Einzelunternehmer) and not as a freelancer (Freiberufler). Finally this means paying additional trade tax. Otherwise you can get job in Germany without a university degree.

How about contact employer directly, Nicandromts?

you have to complete a series of tests and interviews to be on their pocket and to be considered as a hireable candidate.
They help set everything straight and in that sense it’s just much more faster than the traditional approach. They trust them to screen you properly

I was always a bit sceptical in applying for Job Seeker Visa and getting into Germany but due to few motivators like you I finally made up my mind to give full dedication towards finding a job in Germany. Then before coming to germany; I looked for jobs on various websites; but one website that I found useful is ,Www.RekrutIQ.desince the time I joined; I was in constant touch by their HR team; to get necessary details… And after 3 weeks; I got my first interview; but unfortunately I was not successful. But then after 2 months; I got another Interview from them; and I am successful. I would certainly recommend this website; for everyone looking for a job…

1 Like

Hi, I know its pretty old. Hope you’re still active.
Can this still be said in 2019 that no CS degree is needed for a development job in Deutschland?
A brief info about me , I am not a EU citizen and just about to finish my Masters in Economics from Paderborn Universität. However, I am interested in working in development, in coding. I still have one year visa left. So confused whether I should invest this time into learning something that excites me or forcing myself to get better at something that makes me sleepy.
Please your honest opinion needed…