Got hired.....and fired within 2 weeks. Really feeling down

Yeah i suggest not getting hired by that company then. Rather that then getting into a terrible job that proceeds to burn you out with long projects, tight deadlines, and bad management.

Billions do not have access to the internet or education. You do and being able to learn a jQuery library in a couple days shows you can use it wisely. Life is too short to get caught up on your first attempt or failure or pride over one success.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing that with me!

The time between I talked to that client till now is two months, and I spent this two months learned more about javascript as well as keep doing front end projects. I can definitely say that I learned a lot during these time.

If later I still decide to go for the freelance route, I will keep your suggestions in mind!

1 Like

Freelancing can be an ongoing side gig. Always keep your ear to the ground for opportunities for small jobs that you can do in just a few evenings, or over a weekend. Itā€™s a great way to make extra money until youā€™re making what you want per hour.

1 Like

This is completely wrong that 9/10 self-taught will never get hired. Probably 10/10 can get hired if they learn and work on projects. The actual count is no way true which you are mentioning.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking through past posts and Iā€™m wondering if How people are applying, what they are applying with and if they are using the tools properly is a bit of an issue.

myaā€¦heres an article on freelance jobs and which ones to choose for better growth.

1 Like

@Sheaface, did you mean to provide a link to an article that I am missing?

1 Like

[Aside] @millerxcrunning I edited your post. You can @ reply to users. Linking to their profile does not ping them.

2 Likes

no such thing as failure, just opportunity

1 Like

@JacksonBates Thanks! Always learning!

1 Like

Some of the advice on here is just plain bad. Donā€™t blame other people for shitty things that happen to you. Thatā€™s an outlook on life that will get you absolutely no where.

The other advice is good. Shrug it off do whatever you can to improve your weaknesses and keep looking for that dream job (itā€™s out there). Donā€™t hope for the best, DO your best!

1 Like

oops, yes https://hackernoon.com/5-real-examples-of-freelance-projects-junior-developers-should-apply-to-9e67f7bdfd5e

2 Likes

If you ever considered this as failure, my simple advice would be that you choose to fail forward. Nothing great in life comes easy, and Iā€™m kind-of excited for you because man, YOU GOT YOUR FIRST JOB! The rest of the story is just what we should all learn from and iterate for a greater opportunity.

Get back to work, learn more, start new projects, network, watch more tutorials and inspire others with your story. If you handle this situation correctly, trust me in no long time you should be working from your office.

1 Like

I think you would benefit from taking a course on statistics. The infographic you are using does not relate at all to the conclusion you are drawing.

1 Like

Well, from the OPā€™s description it does sound like the employer did not have realistic expectations of learning curve or stick to what they had promised in the interview. Thatā€™s on them, but the OP can only control how he reacts to it. He has to learn from the experience to watch for those warning signs and to make sure that he handles his load of the communicative burden in making sure that expectations are clear to both parties.

1 Like

One year later, how has it been?

2 Likes

One year passed, any updates?

3 Likes

Iā€™m a College dropout too! When did you start learning to code?