Got my first Developer job! Can't believe!

Hi everyone,
After joining the FCC nearly two months ago I was really dreaming of posting this. Every time reading that someone gets a job in IT without IT background made me more motivated and I hope my story will make you motivated as well.
I hold MA in Political Science and started to learn web development after three months of my graduation: August, 2016. By that time I was also working by my profession. I started with Codacademy and then joined local Code Camp in Armenia for two months. However, I could not devote much time to my learning as I was working as well. Then we moved to Canada and it has just passed four months and one bright day I am getting TWO web development offers (after applying for nearly 700 jobs). I will start my new job in two weeks and I am very excited about it.

Wish you guys success in finding jobs. And really it is very good to have these kind of resources to learn from.
Thank you FCC!!!

7 Likes

well done and much luck in the new career :smiley:

Congrats! Persistence paid off. 0.28% response rate, wow!

Congrats my friend on your new job. Can you give a little detail on what kind of company and role you will be partaking in? It’s stories like these that keeps me motivated and going. :+1:

Can we see the porfolio that got you the job?

Thank you a lot!
Wishing you the same:)

1 Like

Thank you! I am quite happy for this result as well :smiley: :smiley:

Sure. Actually it is a CRM company and my position is going to be Application Developer/ Analyst. I will be working with HTML, CSS, JS and C#. Although they know that I do not know any C# yet))) So I need to learn a looot.

1 Like

Here it is https://amalyaavagimyan.github.io/portfolio/?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base%3BioQoAv6LRSGU81MiiSGYGw%3D%3D . I did not finish it properly and actually I built it not a long ago and it was not there during my application for the first job that I have accepted)))