Hello everyone I would love to hear your opinion

I am a 42 year old man and thinking of starting to learn / work in code writing
Do I have a chance to find a job at this age as a beginner
Thanks in advance to the commenters

2 Likes

Hello man, there is a special topic of the forum full of the stories of 40+ y.o. men who started in this age and now works in this industry. You are welcome to join it

Here it is I am 40 years old. Is it too late to start a career in software development?

3 Likes

I won’t lie, it’ll be harder. BUT the important thing is how you leverage your old work experience and knowledge and apply it to a tech industry. Did you lead/manage teams? Did you work on large teams? Small teams? Any teams? Were you remote, did you travel to see customers, that sort of thing. These factors can play a significant role in improving how potential employers will view you. Not that you’re just new to this field, but what other experience are you bringing that will benefit them.

2 Likes

My dad tried to get a programming job at 45. Nothing wrong with trying to get one. If you do a coding job which only requires moving fingers to type, you are never too old to get it.

I don’t know the chances of you getting a job, but even if you don’t, It is good to learn how to code.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer

1 Like