Hello there, need some design feedback

Hello there, I have been doing the 100DaysOfCode challenge, and made a website for my progress. I just need feedback for my website design.

Here’s the live site: https://catalactics.now.sh

All feed back would be really appreciated!!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello~!

I like the design and the layout. You’ve done a really nice job here.

I’m confused about this, though. It provides a link to google, but only appears when I scroll down and the symbol is unclear. Am I missing a reference here?

1 Like

Owh, that was supposed to be a placeholder for my logo, and since I used svelte, I can’t use # as a link placeholder, so I used the google.com as my link placeholder.

I believe you can use “javascript:void(0)” as a placeholder, if you want a dead link. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that tip, I updated it and pushed it, it should be fixed in a couple of minutes. Anyways, I just also noticed that it’s just a warning and not an error. :laughing: Silly me… Anyways, thanks again for that tip.

The more I look at it, the more cool stuff I see.

I love the highlight animation here.

The logo animations are really cool!
But did you mean to have the house dark in the background? image

hello Joshua,
I hope you are alright, I loved your design and I have some opinions might interest you:

• the hover on navbar icons home and GitHub seems like there is an error in displaying might just replace it with a solid color instead of the same ion again.
  • the twitter icon color not matched with the others
  • There is no close icon when any pop up appears
    keep the good work I only replay because you have done an amazing job :clap: :clap:

Hey @mohmed98, Thank you so much for your feedback, I fixed the problems, and push it, so it should be up in a couple of minutes. I still have to work on the Close Icon on the pop-ups, but that should be an easy fix that I can do tomorrow. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

No, I fixed it now, thanks for pointing it out to me…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like I’m picking apart your work. I really do like it though! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No not really, I was going to fix that, but I forgot about it, and you pointed it out to me. So you actually helped me fixing the design that I forgot about. Again thanks!!:slight_smile:

Looks very nice and interactive.

But I can’t view your site in Firefox. Works fine in Chrome though.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit)

Hey @vipranarayan14, thanks…

I don’t know why it is not working for you, maybe because it’s not the latest firefox??? I tried it on Mozilla Firefox 77 (64-bit) on Windows 10 and it works perfectly fine.